Saturday, June 20, 2009

Edith continued...

The final meeting of Archie has lost it's zing a big seeing as I haven't been on in so long, but I need to write it down or I'll forget it for sure.

Prior to leaving Meridian, I gave Archie the name, address, and phone number of our storage unit with the following instructions, "Someone from the office has to let you in with a key, so make sure to call and let them know the time you will be arriving." I told him this twice. **Foreshadowing Alert**

Tuesday morning, the day the truck was to arrive, my phone rang at 8:20am. Archie. He wanted to let me know that they were at the storage unit but no one was there to let them in. I asked if he called ahead of time and he ignored me, but told me to get there when I could. So I got ready and made it there about 9:15 am at which time I went to the office (right in front of Archie, his truck & crew) where a sign explicitly stated the office didn't open until....10am. Archie was a bit crabby, so Hunter & I took off for a bit and when we got back an hour later, Archie and entourage were in the gate and unloading.

I let him know I was looking for 3 boxes to pull out, my computer, my monitor, and our printer. They found the monitor and the printer in the first hour of unloading (Hunter & I were there in the hot, hot sun for 5 and a half hours while they unloaded). We made our usual donut and drink run, but Archie did not partake of the non-Krispy Kreme donuts. As the day went on, the processor was no where to be found. In an act of pure non-Archiness, Archie apologized over & over because they couldn't find it (not his fault at all). I was close to tears as my dearest Archie drove off and my processor was no where in sight.

Summer classes were going to start and I need some specific programs on my processor. I drove home & waited for Kurt to come home so I could lean on him for a bit. As I told him my sad tale, he reassured me we would find it before classes started. He decided to set up the printer in the meantime. I went to open the door to our lovely office space Kelli & Mike cleaned out for us when lo and behold...there was my processor sitting in a box on the desk. I turned my eyes on Kurt with a look of wonder to which he exclaimed, "YOU MADE me put that in my van to bring here". It didn't matter that he was in the wrong as usual, all that mattered was my processor was in arms reach. Sorry Archie, all that looking for nothing. Until we meet again (hopefully never in this capacity)!

No comments: