Thursday, April 2, 2009

Change


Yesterday. Four simple words sent my in to an emotional tail spin. "I got the job". A moment we've been waiting for, praying for, hoping for. In that moment I called family and denied the possibility that I was playing a cruel April Fools joke. Then, it hit me. It hit hard. We are moving. We are moving which means packing, cleaning, errand upon errand, selling our home in a tough economical situation, new schools, new dentists, new doctors. Leaving our friends. Those people who have changed us in this place. Who have laced our life with joy and fun. Who have encouraged and supported us through difficult times. Who have guided, loved, and embraced our children. Then I felt dizzy, my mind swimming with seemingly unmanageable tasks and my emotions torn between the people we love in the places we love.



I couldn't do my homework. I couldn't do housework. I became paralyzed, gripped by the overwhelming nature of the moment. Sleep was difficult. I couldn't get comfortable. I couldn't relax. Thoughts were whirling, swirling, colliding in my head, but, eventually, I succumbed. And morning brought perspective.


A job. We have a job again. Yes, we'll be leaving the physical location of our friends, but we live in a digital age and have the opportunity to maintain and cultivate friendships with the click of a mouse. How dare I act so silly? Our prayers were answered. Goodbyes are a thing of the past. I've always hated them anyway. I've had the opportunities to enlarge my circle of friends and they have made me a better person. I've been so blessed. Now, I'll return to the vast blue sky of Montana, to the place of my birth, to friends and family I left not long ago. Clarity. Life is good. Have hope. Embrace faith. Celebrate relationships and cherish growth. Montana here we come.

7 comments:

E-llo said...

I am happy that your prayers were answered but sad that you are moving. But the truth is we communicate more through the computer than we do face to face. And that is how it will continue to be. Good luck in the move and all the change that happens with that. If you need help with cleaning or packing or anything else, I am here.

adorable pearsons said...

weeee! Just celebrate- it's great news! However, the packing can be dreadful- just take it one day at a time. then your pro sister will come and help you do the rest!
ps. LOVE the page on top of kams...so cute!

Ashley Wray said...

Congrats on the job! That is so exciting! But I'm sure stressful when you think about all the things that will be changing. Good luck! Montana really is a great place to be!

Unknown said...

Congrats on getting the job!!! Let us know if you need any help!!

Ludvigson Family said...

Congrats on the job! It will be great to return to your roots! Justin would be in Heaven if we moved back. No plans of that.

Susan F. said...

Its not just good luck. It really is an answer to lots of prayers. I am SO happy that GF was the answer.

LStevens said...

Congratulations. That is exciting and nerve wracking, and all that good stuff... I miss Montana, so its nice to know there is someone else we know who we can visit when we make it back there someday.