Friday, March 27, 2009

Blackfoot...at least that is what they say













Cooper & I decided to go to see my sister Misti and her kids for a few days, just a short trip. I didn't bring any homework so we could just visit and play. I was very nervous about snowy roads, but it didn't start snowing until we actually hit Blackfoot, or what I thought was Blackfoot. As I'm cruising along I-15, watching the snowflakes start to fall, I see a sign "Blackfoot exit 1 mile". I like to follow directions and there were no signs saying there were multiple exits, so I took it. I knew I made a mistake as soon as I got off the exit, but I figured Blackfoot was a very small town so I could figure it out. WRONG.



I couldn't find any of the cross streets I had on my mapquest sheet, so when I saw a mailman, I decided to stalk him. I finally ran him down and he didn't have a clue as to the address I was looking for. Meanwhile, the snow started to fall harder and harder. Being that I'm a woman, I'm not afraid to ask for directions so I stopped at Maverick and decided to call Misti on the pay phone. Outside. In the snow. Thank heavens Misti jumped in her van and came to get us. I don't think I would have ever found her place.



The 2 nights and 3 days I was there was so much fun. Bostyn & Kams are hilarious. So much drama in those tiny little bodies and so much personality. Misti made me the best soup ever and I really need the recipe. We stayed up too late both nights playing Rock Band and Mario Party 8 on the Wii. I favorite was just visiting and being entertained by the kids. It was just what I needed, although I wish I could have stayed longer. Cooper, on the other hand, did stay longer. He is still there. Oh my. The secrets Misti will find out about our family. Maybe I cried a little when I left him. Maybe Misti thought I was my dad. I guess we'll never know. Tag! Misti...it's your turn for a visit!

4 comments:

Mike and Kelli said...

Wow! Kamree has gotten so much hair since the last time I saw her and it is DARK! So cute! Love all of the pictures. (and the people in them)

E-llo said...

How fun to be able to visit your sister. Hasn't Blackfoot gotten the memo that it's spring? We are done with the snow!

Ludvigson Family said...

How fun! All except for the getting lost part. I love sister visits!

Ashley Wray said...

Misti really is the best hostess ever isn't she? Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Minus the snow and getting lost part! I heard Cooper is having so much fun!