Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Puh-Pah






Tomorrow. March 15th. The celebration begins. It's my dad's, Freddy Leo Fairhurst, birthday and for the force-to-be-reckoned with kind of guy he is, I think the whole world (at least my little blogging world) should celebrate with him and wish him a Happy Birthday.


Since most of us can't make it to Colorado Springs, CO, where he is serving his mission, the best way to celebrate with him is to celebrate Fred style. I'll give you some choices, or if you're Fred enough, you can try them all at once.


Take a Pepsi, pour peanuts straight into the Pepsi, and drink/chew it down. Salty & sweet all at the same time.

Eat Gizzard without having to chew each one more than 10 times. (My Dad was born with T-Rex teeth)

Ask someone to pull your finger, but be prepared to deliver.

Bring out THE CLAW...and the evil laugh.

Drive a vintage Ford Mustang or mist up a little every time vintage vehicles pass your view.

Although all of the above are true...I make no joke about that, if you are really going to celebrate Fred style you have to do anything for anyone, forgive easily, think all people are beautiful, try to fix anything and it actually works afterward, actively adore your grandchildren, have incredible public speaking abilities, and love God in word and deed.

It's a lot to live up to. I miss you Dad. Love you. More than all of your other children. Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Ludvigson Family said...

I just love your Dad! I hope he has a Happy Brirthday!

Ashley Wray said...

Happy Birthday Fred! He really is one heck of a guy!

E-llo said...

Happy Birthday, Fred! Most of those things I am unable to do, except (sadly) having someone pull my finger and deliver. :)

Mike and Kelli said...

Happy Birthday Dad! We can't wait to see you in a few short weeks!!! Spring break just can't come fast enough.
XOXO, Kelli
PS-I'm pretty sure I love you more than Leslie...just saying...{what? She started it}

Unknown said...

New year new rules, I’m going to post on Leslie’s Blog. Dad I’m glad you had a good birthday. Kelli I must point out you’re second best, you only wrote 5 lines that are attached to Leslies wonderful prose. You’re far ahead of the other kids. I’m a lot like Fred in many respect except I don’t put peanuts in my Pepsi but I can make the Pepsi come out my nose. I’m used to kill my own chickens to get my gizzards and not use any tools, pretty incredible, ask me some time, very graphic. Fred and I would go deer hunting, get bloody, and enjoy the time with the guys. Fred is a very hard worker in every aspect of his life. I really appreciate what Les said about him and service, he loves the Lord our Savior. Because of the knowledge that he has he loves everyone and will do anything he can to help someone, and I have witnessed that many many times.