Sunday, March 1, 2009

Beginning

It's March and it's begun. The quest for teacherhood. I applied for my first teaching job this week and it was an experience, one that will continue at least a couple more times. There was no class explaining the excruciating length and boundless hoop jumping of teaching applications. I have reach into the cobwebbed corners of my vast memory to find the teensiest bits of applicable information. If anyone knows a good mind detective...let me know.


You have to have pertinent schooling information, job experience information, letters of recommendation (2-3), copies of Praxis scores, copies of certifications, copies of transcripts, a background check with fingerprinting, and it seems each applications has at least 3 pages of instructions..which prove to be very necessary. The one thing you don't have to provide: urine. That did surprise me a bit. I could have a bit of an advantage if urine was collected, unless sugar is deemed a drug.


It's all worth it though. To be a teacher. To realize my goals. I hope I can do it. I hope my love of learning will shine through to my students. It's time. A new beginning.

6 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Hang in there! I remember then Andrew was going through all of that, what a pain! But so worth it in the end. Keep us posted.
Ps-I got to visit your wonderful sister, cute nieces and fun brother in law this weekend, just though I'd rub it in :)

Mike and Kelli said...

Ugh-I feel you pain (via Mike). Good thing you don't have a fear of licking paper/envelopes like Kevin.

E-llo said...

Good luck! You will have no problem finding a job as a teacher. What's not to like? Things will go well, I am sure of it.

adorable pearsons said...

How did I not know that you had decided to do this? I knew you were thinking of it, but had no clue of the final decision. I am the worst...sorry. I will now begin to look up teaching jobs in blackfoot. try not to burried alive in paper work and I will try to call ;)

Susan F. said...

It will be worth it! You will be a wonderful teacher for sure. We are proud of you. Mom

Ludvigson Family said...

Good luck on the job hunt. As a parent it is reasuring to know that only the best are allowed to teach our children. I appreciate all the hoops you have to jump through, even though it is a pain for you! You will be a great teacher. Good Luck and happy hunting!