Friday, January 30, 2009

Haircut and stuff


It may not look like it, but I had many inches of my hair removed this week. My favorite part was after Sumer cut a chunk off and Coop came in. He said, "Your hair looks different. Let me see. Yep, it looks longer". Phew! He hates it when I cut my hair.
Speaking of, Coop is feeling much better. He still has the nagging cough but his boundless, tiring energy has returned. So, he & Kurt took off for UT today for my niece Brinlee's baptism. I'm supposed to be catching up with my homework. Shhhhh.

Can I rage for just a second? I am so incredibly sick of recent celebrities who call Mormon's names. Tom Hanks thinks we are "un-American" (he did slightly recant..only slightly though). Samuel Jackson says we are "misinformed". Misinformed and un-American about what? Voting our conscience? Taking a stand without calling people names? Using our democratic political process responsibly? Because we don't follow every whim the world deems the new "right"? Well, Mr. Jackson & Mr. Hanks, I won't be apologizing for my beliefs. If I were to change my mind every time a celebrity announced the new moral line in the sand, I'd have perpetual whiplash.

Done. For now.

4 comments:

WWS Reunion Committee said...

Your hair looks super cute. Very valid point with the celebrities and all their super important opinions. I second everything you wrote.

Emily N. said...

I hate it when they also feel the need to be so open with their opinions—and often times, they are not even very articulate about it.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Alicia said...

Love the haircut. You are beautiful.

adorable pearsons said...

Your hair looks great! Great venting...submit that to the newpaper, it was well written!