Monday, January 5, 2009

Celebrate

I decided tonight was a great night to celebrate. It's cold and the streets are filled with snow creating a warm circumstance for getting comfortable with family.

I set the table with my favorite tableware which happens to be white plates with red trim, the red trim encasing gold stars. I bought them at Target at least 12 years ago on an after Christmas clearance sale. My mom bought the goblets years later to match. What goes better with fun, festive dinner than candlelight and non-alcoholic bubbly?

And nothing is better than the company of my boys...all 3 of them. They are much less energetic at the dinner table and we can have delightful conversation, even if the discussion turns to topics I deem "gross".

Sometimes one small child gets the camera and takes pictures of what he thinks are the most important objects surrounding us. He is also the small child who loves to see a fancy set dinner table and immediately creates name tags for the dinner guests.
Today is a day to celebrate, even if the boys had to go back to school and my eliptical machine broke. We were together. We ate, we sang, we listened, we read, we prayed. Celebrate.

8 comments:

adorable pearsons said...

I love celebrations...I love them more when they are 'just because.' What a good mom/wife you are!

Mike Lozano said...

I love that Cooper and Hunter eat in unison...we miss you guys! By the way this is Mike even though it sounds like Calie.

Ashley Wray said...

I thought maybe you were celebrating BECAUSE the boys were headed back to school :) How fun to have a fancy dinner just because, I might have to break out my fancy after Christmas sale dishes a little early this year too!

Mike and Kelli said...

Remember the 80s mascara you posted about? I bought some and tried it and am definitely a convert. Although, it does have some sort funky smell....it certainly make my non-existent eyelashes look good. So thanks!

Ludvigson Family said...

I love the cute heart in your window, especially with the snow in the background. That is fun to sook a fancy meal just to celebrate for no reason! I love it. BTW the apron pattern I ordered on-line. I don't remember the exact site, but if you google Emmeline Apron it will come up on several sites.

Shannon said...

So cute Leslie! Man, you have great ideas.

Anonymous said...

I just cant believe how old the boys are. It just doesnt seem like that much time has passed by.

LStevens said...

What was on the menu for this fancy celebration? Inquiring minds want to know..... will you share??