Monday, June 28, 2010

Motel reviews



































































The first night we were on our trip we stayed at a Super 8 motel near Sandpoint, Idaho. It lived up to your average Super 8. There was no pool, but there was a hot tub. The room was small but great for us with 2 queen beds and a small t.v. The bathroom was nothing fancy, but served it's purpose. They did have a continental breakfast with the always popular self serve waffle machine. I didn't take any pics, but if you have stayed in a Super 8, that is pretty much what ours looked like.


The other 2 hotels booked for this trip were reserved by bidding on Priceline (I'm a risk taker like that). The way that works is your pick the location and the star rating (the highest I could go was 3 stars...so I did). You enter the price you are willing to pay, give your credit/debit card info, and bravely click the "book my room now" button. Priceline picks the hotel...you heard me right.


Both of the venues I bid on with Priceline were accepted, one in Pasco Washington and one in Spokane Washington for the way back. Both ended up costing about the same as the Super 8. Last night we were booked at the Red Lion in Pasco. When we arrived at the hotel, we were surprised at the enormous size of it. The lobby was grand, very upscale. Looked like we won with Priceline...at 1st. Priceline also decides the beds and we were set for a room with king, but the clerk saw there were 2 of us and graciously gave us 2 Queens. Great service for sure.
After walking aimlessly for awhile, we bumped into our room. The 1st problem was getting in the room. It looks like they took refurbished electronic door openers and glued them to the door. Needless to say, it takes about 7 attempts before I can get into our room...every single time. Once in the room, it looks fabulous. It was spacious and decorated nicely. Then I realized we were in an adjoining room. That made me a little uncomfortable. Who wants a door between you and the unknown serial killer next door? Not me.
Then I noticed the sliding glass door which took up one whole wall that led to the ... Parking lot. The best part, the door wasn't locked and anyone could have been in the room. Time to check every nook and cranney for the local crazy guy. The entertainment center with fridge and microwave was great. The bathroom area is beautiful....almost. There are chunks out of the door (even in our main room door) and the worst part...a little mold in the corners of the shower. SICK!
So, I like the room, but I didn't feel safe and the mold threw me over the edge. Plus, there's no continental breakfast (what's with cheap hotels having them and pricey hotels making you pay?). Make your own decision as to whether you would stay here...I already have.

1 comment:

Dice said...

You should have emptied the refridge and told the front desk about the unlocked door....free breakfast after all? :)