Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Guilt





I feel guilty when I don't get in any blog posts for awhile. It's not because I have a huge fan following or because some magazine is calling to ask if I'll guest write for them. It's because my blog is my journal. I know it's public and any ole' who can read it, but for me it's a way to document my life. I think I'll just remember that I blog a lot better than I journal and continue to try and be more consistent.

Too much has happened to try and play catch up in one post, like a big black birthday party and a green and gold graduation. Plus, I like to have photos with my posts, so this time I'll just talk about these photos.

Right before Father's Day, I had a grand game night. Remember my fabulous free party gig I have going with myhouseparty.com? They came through again, providing me with 3 games and tons of treats. So, I invited a bunch of people I think know how to have a good time and we put our IQ's to the test. Luckily, if you couldn't answer a question correctly, you could bid on answers and purchase Trivial Pursuit pie pieces. This is the strategy that keep the ladies in the lead pretty much the whole game, until the end. Enough said about that. For your benefit, you might see a little Violet enjoying the night as well.

Then came Father's Day and this was one of the best because I was able to be with my husband and my Dad on Father's Day. I'm not necessarily promoting the move-back-in-with-your-parents strategy to make this happen though. My dad is an incredible person. Although he isn't perfect, he is witty, smart, driven, hard working, and service oriented. He's a super grandpa too! My husband is also service oriented, compassionate, playful, hard working, and kind. I've noticed the older he gets, the better father has has become.

Since it's been so long, here' s a few random updates:
  • As a teacher, I'm supposed to have summer off, but I gladly have gone in almost every day to stay on top of a few things. It's nice to go in when I want and leave when I want, but also get tasks taken care of.
  • I was a college teacher for a day and it was great!
  • I got a sunburn and I'm irritated at myself for it.
  • Coop & I are going to Silverwood and Randy's this week
  • Kevin is moving here...he is bringing his family too!
  • Heidi is pregnant.
  • Mike is dealing with a crazy woman and I want to toilet paper her house...I'm mature like that.
  • Hunter volunteered for day camp this week while working full time night shifts. I see a headache in his future.
  • Calie came to visit and I didn't take a single pic...ugh!
  • I hate long lists of bulleted items. The end.

1 comment:

Emily N. said...

So many exciting events. Thanks for posting!