Saturday, May 16, 2009

39 (for reals)


For all of you who haven't heard, I had a birthday yesterday and I loved every minute of it. I turned 39, for reals, not 39 and holding, just 39.

I had lots of birthday wishes from friends and family through phone calls, facebook and websites. A couple of my favorite stores sent me birthday wishes and, as a special gift, my possible jury duty trial was settled out of court so I didn't have to go in.

After cleaning the tops of my cupboards (note to self, cupboards that extend to the ceiling in the next house), Kurt took me out to lunch for my free Red Robin veggie birthday burger. After which he surprised me with an unexpected, drama filled stop by the unemployment office to finish some moving company details.

We came home and Kurt took Hunter to run an errand and to get movie tickets while Cooper went to a friends house for the evening. All of the sudden, I was completely alone...and I liked it...for a minute. Kurt dropped Hunter off before heading to the movie, threw my gifts on the bed, and told me to open them when I want. That guy is a keeper. So, I coaxed Hunter up so I could open the one from Kurt in front of someone and I saved the one from Cooper to open in front of him.

Then, I went to a store I've been wanting to visit with my friend Alicia who then took me to my Walleyball party...and what a party it was. I had the best candy gram given to me and they ordered my favorite giant cookie from my favorite cookie place. They dressed me up like Strawberry Shortcake meets the Hawaiian Tropica model and sent me on to the court, but I eventually had to disrobe...too distracting.

Afterward, a few of us went out for a bit to eat. Those ladies know how to keep me up late at night. I'm sure going to miss all my wonderful friends here. I've learned so much from each of them. Thanks for making my birthday so memorable.

ps. I waited for Cooper to get up this morning to open his gift. When he walked in the room I said, "Coop, I waited to open this until you could watch". He responded, "Why?" to which I replied, "Because it's from you". I opened up the gifts & thanked him but he only said, "I didn't get that for you," and walked away. Another keeper.




4 comments:

Mike and Kelli said...

It's cool how I thought you turned 38. I'm the best sister ever!

adorable pearsons said...

dear leslie's friends,
thanks for being the coolest friends ever and throwing our sister a party when we failed.! you rock.
love misti
ps. I currently don't have any friends. I am only 3 hours away, so when leslie moves- feel free to adopt me!

Marci Hatfield said...

Leslie
Happy Birthday, I'm so sad I missed your party, but I was partying with my daughter at Lagoon. I hope whoever moves into your house will be as sweet and kind as you. You better keep in contact!

Love ya Marci

Curtis and Steph said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Love, The Hardy's