Friday, February 6, 2009

It has begun.

Young Men's basketball season is in full swing. Last night was "THE" game. When I picked Hunter up after school he was pumped, jazzed, fidgety. Tonight's game was against the other top team. It proved to be a tight game with the score fluctuating between the wards, but in the end....defeat of the most disconcerting kind. A loss by 3 points.



At home Hunter turned into a bitter little man. So, we watched The Office together and that pacified him a bit. Then I suggested he & Kurt go to a movie. When all else fails...distract. Maybe they can redeem themselves in the championship. If not, I'll be prepared.

6 comments:

adorable pearsons said...

I hope we get to see Hunter play some b-ball; only if they will win b/c I won't want to be dealing with emotional Hunter! Next time they lose come and get a treat in Blackfoot!

Mike and Kelli said...

Awwww...poor Hunter. Did they at least line up for high fives and say "good game" at the end?

Ashley Wray said...

Love the picture with your witty comentary! Boys are so funny that way with basketball, so just to be safe after the championship be prepared with a season or 2 of the Office, ya know, just in case!

Lott said...

I dont mind losing but when the refs suck as bad as the ones there thats when i get mad. One of them cant see a foul thats five feet in front of him but somehow sees one all the way across the court. We need good, fair refs.

-Hunter

Mike and Kelli said...

Hunter-maybe you can Grandpa Fairhurst to come up and ref for you. Call him and ask. Do it.

E-llo said...

Sorry they lost the game. I love the caption of "who's he guarding", classic! I'm back! Hopefully, I can get into the groove of it all.