Monday, March 7, 2011

Not Guilt, Just Moments

For awhile I was feeling guilty about my sporadic blogging over the past 18 months or so.  Hmmm...what could be the cause of that?  Let's see, job loss, move with all of our stuff in storage, full time employment and masters classes, the rotating of house guests, move, unpack, and, of course, we are now repacking to move again.  I'm just going to relish the moments I get a chance to journal.

I wanted to make note of a sweet gesture by my little (12 now) Coops.  Yesterday was hard.  I'm not sure why, but I was feeling the weight of life's circumstances and reflecting on how I could have been a better mother.  It wasn't pretty and Cooper happened to come into my room in a moment of weakness to see me crying.  He crawled up on my bed and wrapped his arms around me.  He whispered in my ear, "I love you.  It will be okay."  Then he left.

About 10 minutes later I heard him yell, "Mom, come out, I'm ready".  I stepped out in to the hall to see a note at the end of the hall, on the floor, that read, "Dear Mom, I love you with all my heart.  I know tha tyou are going through a hard time, but we will help u get through it.  Follow these pictures to get ur prize!  love, Coops". 

I followed a trail of little colored pictures to a blanket fort where he jumped out and embraced me.  Those are the moments I need to remember, to have in reserve for the days that are difficult. How blessed am I?

3 comments:

djfairhurst said...

Way to go Cooper! What a sweet kid. Hang in there Leslie. You're a great mom and a good example to many people.

djfairhurst said...

I second Kindra (who actually wrote the first comment).

Shannon said...

He is such a sweet boy! (And I agree with the above too. :) Hang in there!