Friday, January 1, 2010

Socks, how I love thee.

Every Christmas season for the past 5 years or so, I've hosted a fun & crazy sock exchange. I long for socks the way most women collect shoes. This year was a bit more of a challenge due to the moving and the communal living and the new life and all, so I wasn't sure what to do. My sister was hosting book club for December, including a sock exchange and, much to my delight, an ugly sweater contest. Contest? Did someone mention contest? I'm in!

Coop & I went to Goodwill to find a couple sweaters which would meet my ugly standards. I profusely apologize in advance if you were once the proud owner of either sweater, but really you owe yourself a reward for letting go. Luckily, prior to the sweater hunt, I told Coop not to say anything about the true intent of our trip as to avoid offense. When I went to checkout, the cashier gushed over the fuchsia sweater, asking me where I found it in the store. Cooper kept a straight face the entire time. The cowboy sweater was my favorite. I love the short, square form with just the right indentation at each side. I didn't win, but I was one of the kind-of-hosts, so I asked for no votes. The opportunity to wear my find was reward in and of itself.

Socks are another story. I know socks and I was out for toesies that night. You're jealous...I know, but I was meant for these socks. I did end up hosting a small sock party just a couple days before Christmas. It was a small group but we enjoyed a relaxing evening of food, conversation, and threads for our tootsies. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera.

Hi, ho silver...Away!

3 comments:

Mike and Kelli said...

Wow! I look super gigantic next to you. We need a middle sized person between us as a buffer. Any volunteers?

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Amy said...

It was a little sad how cute you made that horse sweater.