Saturday, October 8, 2011

Ramblings of a Couch Potato

It's a week and a half post surgery and I think I'm at about 80% of my old self.  I don't really like it.  All of the sudden laying in bed and never leaving sounds enticing.  Not pretty, but not surprising.  I had my post op appointment yesterday.  The bad news: I will feel lethargic for a few weeks.  It will take a few months for my insides to heal.  The good news:  It's okay if I'm not all that hungry, that will subside.  I'll never have to worry about my gall bladder again. As for now, I'm panicking.  Having  nightmares.  How does one teach having a bout of low energy?  How am I going to get up on time?  How am I going to efficiently put away books with my 20 lb lifting restriction?  If there isn't something to worry about...I'll make something up.

So last night I was alone and, of course, didn't sleep well.  The boys were camping.  Yep...CAMPING.  Did you see the pouring rain for days?  I kept thinking of my poor little skinny Cooper freezing in a damp tent.  It just sounds miserable to me.  I was never meant to sleep in a tent.  I remember going to girls camp in my teens and using all my camp bedding to try to create furniture in the tent.  Cabins are another story.  I think real women sleep in cabins...or hotels.

Today is an extra special day.  I get to attend 2 baptisms, one of a sweet little girl and the other my kind, compassionate cousin's.  There is a peaceful joy that attends these events and it's a blessing to all who attend.

How much do you think a laundry basket full of dirty clothes weighs?  Do you think that is over my weight restriction limit? How about a dirty plate?  The vacuum?  I'm now wondering if the doctor should have written a prescription for a housekeeper for the next couple of weeks.  Get up Leslie.  Get up.

No comments: