Thursday, September 16, 2010

Man Child in the Making


I'm too young.  I shouldn't be at that stage where I reminisce about his sweet newborn disposition or full blown temper outbursts.  I shouldn't be hoping he'll make the right decisions while never knowing what he's thinking.  I shouldn't have random emotional fallouts because I miss his face and his easily expressed laugh.  I shouldn't be wondering if he is eating and doing his laundry and getting enough sleep. I shouldn't be thinking of all the worldly influences and dangerous situations that destroy the invincibily so fully embraced by teen adults. 

Yet I am experiencing all of this.  Hunter left.  Just like that.  He moved back to Boise and is currently looking for employment and hoping to take some classes next semester.  He's meeting new people and learning what it's like to be responsible for almost all parts of one's life.  I'm sure he is bringing joy to those around him.  I'm glad for them.  I'm sad for me.  I'm hopeful for him.  I love him.  I miss him.   

3 comments:

Marci Hatfield said...

Your boy is doing great!!! --Marci

Unknown said...

Hey Les, I haven't visited anyone's blog in sometime (boy that's an understatement) but had a moment and saw that yours is actually sort of up to date (the other Fairhursts' posts are super old). I want you to know that I've been thinking about you. I love this post about Hunter because I am in the "training/teaching" stage of my boys and it's such a big job and sometimes I don't think I'm doing a good job. I appreciate great examples of motherhood - such as you! Thanks for being my friend (even if you "have to" because we're related. :) Have a great day.
~Diana

Bella said...

you should think about writing a book .. the way you discribe things is amazing..